Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wasted Day (Not Really)

As part of my contemplation of a possible Digger webcomic, I decided to look at some successful webcomics to see how they do things. Which led me to Girl Genius by Phil and Kaja Foglio.

I've been hearing buzz about Girl Genius for quite awhile. The Foglios had a big booth at Worldcon where they seemed to sell out of Girl Genius collections and merchandise. Some of my fellow fans here in Tulsa also love it, but I've been reluctant to jump onboard because it's been running so long.

Well, I decided to take the plunge yesterday. Read the first couple of volumes last night and have spent all day today reading strips. I'm now about halfway through volume 6 and can't get it to load anymore. I think I killed their bandwidth.

Well, back to working on the T-shirt, I guess. I think I've got the background solved. Just needs a little tweaking and a logo. I tried drawing my own logo, but I suck as a letterer, and when I transferred it to Inkscape to try to edit it, something weird happened in the transfer. So I guess I'll try something with an existing font.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Muaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!

Welcome to the fold. *VBG*