Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Shirt, Part Deux

So I had this idea for something I wanted to blog here, but I forgot what it was. In the meantime, instead of Photoshop, I downloaded a free program called The GIMP, which is a Linux project and does a lot of what Photoshop does. I used it to put some finishing touches on my T-shirt design, which I reproduce here:


As you can see, it's much the same, only some edges are cleaner, Digger and the girl now have shadows, and there is text in the upper right where there used to be a big empty space. I still have a lot to learn about the GIMP and about artwork in general, but I'm pretty jazzed at how well this turned out, and now, of course, I have an idea for an even better shirt. I've written the assistant editor at Baen's Universe to see if there is a problem using the Baen's URL and logo on the shirt. If not, those are easily fixed.

No comments: